Thursday, August 28, 2014

First Preparation Day (p-day)


Thursday, 28 August 2014
                Hi ma! Hola familia! It was a crazy day the day I was dropped off, for which I am still grateful for because it acted as a very good transitioning stage for me. I have managed to make it to my first P-day. I now stand on Higher ground (in reference to feeling like floating in the floods of Noah mentioned in his first e-mail). Including me there are five in my district Costa Rica Bound. I have heard of several others in other districts. At our Tuesday night Devotional I met another Elder Farnsworth, who came through the line of the brother of Philo T. Farnsworth. So we're definitely relatives. The food here is actually pretty good, I am just not well accustomed to it and have to pray fervently to be able to swallow, but I am surviving well. My companion has been very good to me. The family letters you sent made it to me just fine. I am on the West campus. I also received a mailing address, but will need to locate it again. I think we received a little under fifty pounds worth of language materials so I am pretty well scattered. I can't remember anything that happens in the last 10 to 20 minutes. It snowed on the mountains our first or second night here, maybe. All I know is that there was snow at one point. I love my Branch presidency, especially Brother Liston. He said he had been to Moab plenty of times in the past and I feel at home when I'm around him. Elder Wilkinson is related to my Mission President just about as distantly as I am related to Philo T. Farnsworth, but it is still cool. Love You Family, Time to go get my Laundry.  Adios.

             I don't know that I mentioned it, but Elder Moss is our District Leader. He is a good person.
             Mom I would have pictures today but I don't. Elder Wilkinson does, but can't get them downloaded. I'll try to answer ?'s when and how I can. It's hard when they're scattered throughout my email. But it is still okay. I don't quite have the hang of everything.  Surprisingly my Spanish is coming along. My first day I understood almost every word spoken to me in Spanish by my teachers who spoke entirely Spanish the first day. All will be well.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment