Friday, September 19, 2014

Tools

Thursday, 18 September 2014

This week has been great and it has been wonderful to hear from you.  We are supposed to get our flight plans Friday or Saturday! I feel like I am barely starting my second week here. 
 
Soon to be out of The Empty Sea (MTC) and into the mission field! We have learned a lot of Spanish, some that is easy, most that is more on the difficult side. I feel like I understand most of what is being said, but they told us directly that they are simply giving us the tools to understand and learn more later on our own time. It is very similar to the gospel and our purpose as missionaries; Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a que reciben el Evangelio restaurado, mediante la fe en Jesucristo y Su Expiacion, el arrepentiamento, el bautismo, la recepcion del don del Espiritu Santo, y el perseverar hasta el fin. Or for those that want a translation; Our purpose is to invite others to Come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift Of The Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

We give people the basic knowledge needed to have faith unto action to follow Jesus Christ and from there it is up to them to decide whether or not they will continue to use the tools of baptism, prayer, reading the Book Of Mormon, and keeping the commandments to build their testimonies and come unto Christ. I give my thanks to my parents, friends and teachers that helped me to build what I have right now, and I hope I and everyone can make the effort to give these tools to those who only have the tool of hope that gives them enough desire to continue searching for the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment