Monday, October 6, 2014

I am now in Cañas Guanacaste area

Monday, 6 October 2014
Guanacaste is in the northwest part of Costa Rica and Canas is on the eastern/central side of Guanacaste




 Gracias por sus oraciones para mi. (Thank you for your prayers for me.) The flight was quite nice, but very long. I had quite a nice discussion with a lady from Virginia. I felt the Holy Ghost as I invited her to act on the Words of Moroni because she had already read the Book of Mormon, but has not acted. She was grateful for the discussion and we both left uplifted. To be honest the first sight of Costa Rica was quite awesome. A lot of humidity here. My first tracting was in the most dangerous area of San Jose supposedly or so I was told later. It was very strange. We would take a bus to a corner of down town central, get off, walk to the end of the street take a sharp right or left turn and enter the dark and narrow alley ways of the shacks.

I am now in Cañas Guanacaste area. One of the hotter areas.


 
My companion is great, I just stuggle comprehending everything we are doing, the español, the showering situation (we live in a very nice apartment for what I have seen but it is not as nice as it could be as far as the bathroom goes). Ants are an everyday occurance on the walls, we found a giant and very ugly spider under my bed when we were cleaning, I have seen a few geckos come in and out of our apartment. On the ride to Cañas we passed through some beautiful rainforest, the real deal. The strangest food I have eaten is an American style hamburger with too much of everything except la carne (meat), which is not ever enough to fill me. I love the rice and beans and potatoes or plantains that are usually a side dish. I am still alive and surviving, now all I need to do is thrive both physically and spiritually to carry on the work. The best snacks I have had were a milkshake, chocolate mint oreo combination (delicioso!) and frozen chocolate covered bananas.

Going to General Conference with preguntas (questions) is also a very good thing to do. You don't know just how excited I was to be where I could hear more truth from God. I got to hear most of conference and bilingual. A few times I was able to borrow members electronics to watch in ingles (English), but I felt I understood more simply through the spirit in español. It was a needed experience.

Con mucho amor, El Elder Farnsworth. 

Yo testifico que Dios vive y contesta nuestras preguntas por medio de las escrituras especialmente por medio del Libro de Mormón. Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y por medio de él podemos encontrar paz y fuerza por nuestras almas. El libro de Mormón es verdadero. Yo testifico de esto. José Smith fue un profeta llamado de Dios. Nosotros recibimos respuestas de nuestros oraciones. De estos cosas yo testifico en El Nombre De Jesucristo, AMEN! 
(Translation as good as Mom can do it: I testify that God lives and answers our questions through the scriptures, especially through the Book of Mormon. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and through him we can find peace and strength for our souls. The Book of Mormon is true. I testify of this. Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. We receive answers to our prayers. Of these things I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.)

Note to friends: 
Take hope from our Savior. His message is of great hope and inspiration in my life. I know that as we keep and follow his invitations we receive of His greatest blessings. Take hope as He freely gives it to all who are willing to ask and seek after it. If we can, let us take His message to all. I learned in General Conference that we ALL are a necessary part of His church we cannot receive our full potential if we never reach out as He does to us. This is my invitation, make all those around you important and seek to be their friend, be the one to give the hand of hope and help to lift them out of obscurity and distress. How great truly is our joy when we bring another to Christ and His outstretched arms. Con Mucho amor y un gran deseo para servir a otros y traer el Evangelio a todas personas uno por uno (with much love and a great desire to serve others and to bring/carry the gospel to all people one by one), Su amigo (your friend) Elder Terrance Farnsworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment