Friday, October 24, 2014

More pure and happy today!

Monday, 20 October 2014

No truer words were ever spoken like the ones you all sent me.

"That your body will be accepting of the different foreign foods like messed up hamburgers! My first foreign food also! Be patient in affliction and ask for whatsoever thing you need. Matthew 7:7-11. It is true that the refiner's fire burns hot at times in our lives but you will feel purer after passing thru it."

BOY DID THOSE WORDS PROVE TRUE! 

So lately I have definitely been able to feel all your prayers for me and we have been receiving extra meals here and there or fruit along the way to keep me going and it was all well until a meal that had tomatoes in it. I think it was the tomatoes that nearly killed me, I have heard you have to be careful with fruits and vegetables to make sure they are clean and prepared properly. I'm afraid that tomato was not properly prepared. Anyway I woke up the next morning, this Sunday, with a killer gut ache which lasted till about one o clock this morning. I had to be extremely patient and I had to endure to the end. I can say that I definitely feel more pure and happy today! 
 
"The topic of 'how I can be more Christlike' sent me to Matt 26:36-45. It is when Christ is in Gethsemane and he asks three different times if the cup may be removed from him. But he says, 'nevertheless not as I will but as Thou wilt' and the second time he says, 'if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.' He was the perfect example of being obedient and letting our wills be swallowed up in the Father's will, even when it is difficult to bear or unpleasant to pass through. It also showed to me that it is okay that we express that we really would rather not have to experience certain things, but then be willing to subject ourselves to his will."

What you said here hit the point on the head. I asked many times to have my cup taken from me and did all that I had in my power to do. At one point I had the thought that my stomach was paralyzed, don't get too scared about this, but it felt like it and the thought crossed through my mind. I had endured to the greatest extent I could alone but it hadn't been enough. I made it to bed and was writhing in pain and was finally able to ask my companion for a blessing. Almost immediately my stomach felt freed and released from the grip of pain and I was able to rest. I testify the power of the priesthood is in fact and very deed the power of God here on earth and I have no right to doubt it. It turned out my ordeal was not yet over, but I definitely had Divine help and strength to overcome the rest of the night when otherwise it would have been impossible. I don't know what would've happened to me without the blessing, but I do know with a stronger assurance God Loves me and works through those that are worthy, male and female, to bring about His desire and works. The priesthood is His Power. 

On another topic, Saturday night I performed my first baptism!  
The investigator was one that the hermanas are teaching, but I was asked to perform the baptism.

 It was definitely not flawless, but it was accepted of the Lord and His servants according to the faith of the investigator, G. It was special, but I worried if I had done everything as I was supposed to. Like I say, in the end it was accepted and G. received the Gift of The Holy Ghost Sunday. I didn't have the opportunity to play piano again.

Finger printing went well, I am surviving once more, yes it is hot and gets hotter here. I seem to be the only one that is never bothered by the air conditioning in the chapel. It feels great! Everyone else says it is too cold. Yes I am serving in a Branch of about 50, more or less. 

We are going shopping today after email. I will answer some of your ?'s through pictures when I can.

Love everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment