Monday, February 23, 2015

Faith and a Work in Progress

Tuesday, 17 February 2015
Faith
I have continued my studies and thoughts about faith. What a wonderful principle! We have heard several times in the past 3 or 4 days about Peter walking on water. He had great faith in the Lord to start, but not finish his journey to the Savior. Later the Lord says that Peter had little faith. So what does that mean for us? I think for me it means that I have gained a testimony in some things and I have the faith to act, but usually I find myself reaching my hand out to the Savior in fear saying "save me for I know thou canst do all things; please do this for me." We need to arrive to the point where we not only rely on the concept of faith to believe, but use the Power of Faith to its potential to the point where we are obediently acting on all the words of Christ immediately out of Faith. Then there will come the day when Satan can cross our path and instead of us having fear or temptaions, he will have fear and tremble in OUR presence. Remember it needs to be OUR presence, that of ourselves, The Holy Ghost, and our Savior in whom we have anchored our Faith. Then will come the day when we can act in power as Nephi of old and Ammon, "For I know in whom I have Trusted" and now "I will go and do." I will continue to think and ponder on this great principle, and I hope to act and see the rewards.

May we all strive to Gain and strengthen our faith in Christ! Thank you everyone for your great examples and prayers. Elder Farnsworth
                         -------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Work in Progress
         Well, I don´t have a whole lot to say; I feel like we´ve been a working, but with very little to show for it. We did however have a great Multi-zone meeting with Elder Cordon, a past mission president for Belize and Salvador, I think. I felt a great boost of energy in the things that were said and taught. We also received direction from Sis. Wilkinson in regards to the Book of Mormon; three ?´s that we need to ask Old Investigators as follows: 
            Are you willing to have us back in your home to teach you?
            Are you willing to read the Book of Mormon each Day?
            Are you willing to live by the principles in the Book of Mormon and the principles taught by the missionaries?
           If we receive a 'no' to any of these questions, we have been directed to retrieve the Book of Mormon, ask for referrals from this person to whom we may give the Book because "We have no time to let the Book of Mormon gather dust; The Lord has prepared people to receive and read this Book and perhaps it isn´t the person that has it right now. We are hastening the work."
Pretty strong but sound council. We were also told that we are in the work of Salvation now, not just the missionary work. We are to plan our efforts more closely with the members. 

As a companionship we had a very important miracle of understanding occur, after which we made plans to have a more efficient work schedule. A miracle desperately needed by me. 

The Latinos have started saying that I am doing well with playing soccer. We have started playing just about every morning. I can´t of myself say that I´m very good but things are improving! 

Love You all lots. 
Are you praying for snow? If I can remember I will. I want to see pictures of you and the family building Snowmen okay? Meanwhile it´ll stay nice and humid here in the bananeras y piƱeras (banana and pineapple fields) Take care! Love Elder Farnsworth The Younger.
 I forgot to say I finally got my cedula! (or "card of recognition")

baptism in new area
baptism in last area!! after he left (photo courtesy of Elder Giles)
 New Living Space and New Area




No comments:

Post a Comment