Sunday, February 8, 2015

Worn out and Happy in the Long Run

Tuesday, 3 February 2015
Well I still can´t down load photos. All well. I probably need to start a new camera card. We had a great last week with lots of work. We found over 20 nuevos (new possible investigators) to return to and teach later. Several of which were ready to come to church with us, but we had low attendance this past Sunday, and only one of our investigators showed. We are continuinig to see success in our plans and seeing more miracles among the members. We had a great day on Saturday, we had the opportunity to visit N. R., a sick member who has cancer but is on one of those uphill mending stages. That was after we had a great personal and companion study. I read "Personal Ministry" in the conference issue and felt the love of Christ grow to envelop me with more love and peace and a better understanding of sharing the gospel with all. Connected with Matt. 25: 23-30 algo así (or something like that--I believe he meant Matt 25:32-40), and one of my favorite hymns "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief," I was able to feel more of the power of the Atonement in my life. So we shared that scripture with N. It was a precios (precious) moment. That morning reminded me of an Easter Morning, especially with the love I gained for my Savior. I was blessed to also hear a song similar to that of a robin. Everything seemed to be pointing to The FACT that Christ is risen and through him WE WILL PREVAIL. THROUGH CHRIST all is made well. She shared some empanadas with us (after I had dreamed that night about searching for some and not finding them:) Then we were more than obliged to serve Pres. Saenz, clean the church, and water the church lawn with a new watering system put in that day! Oh how that soothed the heart, the smell of water on dirt and dry grass!
After teaching a lesson to P. and P. (going to be baptized this 14th) we got the phone call. I had felt five minutes earlier that five minutes later the call would come. I was called to be transfered from Cañas to Siquirres. My companion answered the call and told me " You're going to Limon, Si quieres" I thought "what I have an option?" (The name of his new city, Siquirres, sounds like the words that mean 'if you want')
 Siquirres in Limón (region) with it's 18,231 inhabitants is located in Costa Rica - about 41 mi (or 66 km) East of San José, the country's capital.

So we had the rest of the evening to contact people. Some visits were difficult because the humidity was getting to my eyes;) I got everything packed and we left the following morning, getting up at 3. We had problems right off the bat because my companion was so preoccupied about getting a taxi he left the house without the keys. Luckily our neighbors were nice enough to wake up and help us out to use a thin butcher knife to pry the dead bolt open. Long story short we got to the bus and got to San Jose. My new companion is Elder Gonzalez de Mexico. We spent the entire day in the city then traveled for about two or three hours to get to my new area. I went from hot dry and windy, to hot humid and rainy. One of my suitcases busted both of the rollers, but i´ll figure out a way to work with that later. I´ll be "killing off" this companion (be his last companion before finishing the mission)--he goes home in a month. Back to square one in alot of ways, and like it is when we leave this life, all I have to help me restart is the knowledge I gained in my last area. I´m still not unpacked, I did get a shower but what a long day ayer (yesterday). I woke up for the first time I really know of with baggy eyes. Well, that´s about all my mind can muster for now. I do remember one more thing about the atonement. In a talk by someone in a past general conference they said that we never forget our sins, this for a purpose, but if and as we put our trust in the Savior and the Atonement He has pormised to forgive our sins and remember them no more! I love yall lots and hope all continues to go well. Con mucho amor Mi familia (with much love My family), Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment