Thursday, March 26, 2015

Oh there's sunshine!‏

Monday, 23 March 2015
 Oh there's sunshine!‏
            Keep a smiling wherever you may find yourself, because there are others watching, waiting too that they may find themselves, their purpose in life, and the fact that God Loves them just as He loves you, and for this reason we better be smiling! I love you all and thank you all for your service and love towards me! Elder Terrance Farnsworth
                                         ---------------------------------------------------
Sloths
           I´ve had a very, very busy past week. After seeing off Elder Gonzalez (who finished his mission and was returning home), I stayed in Gaucimo. The district I stayed with in Guacimo are great missionaries, striving to be obedient with exactness, something that brought a lot of life back into me. They all felt the need to be talking with people and doing the Lords work! I learned to love my companion Elder Black, the area, and the people in my short two days there. I also got to see one of the strangest creatures that lives here, a sloth! It was in the dark, so I don´t have pictures, but very interesting. Elder Black is great with grand desires to do the very best he can. I hope I was as much help for him as he was for me.
            When we took the picture (the big whole-mission picture)... We were standing for about two hours waiting for all to arrive and get in place. (I had commented that it was quite a feat to get them all in the picture and that it must’ve taken at least two minutes.) What a great mission Conference! (Elder Maynes and Elder Duncan of the Quorum of the Seventy were visiting the mission and wanted to meet with all of the missionaries together.)
Can you find him?
I think I found him after zooming in! I believe in the bottom picture he is on the back row just left of the third white column from the right.
   I got my new companion! Elder Lopez de Guatemala!

He came more prepared to the mission than I did, and I believe the Lord is simply trying to retrain me, because I have learned a lot from my companion already. It is special as well because his MTC companion is serving in our district as well. We got a surprise our first night home.... While staying in Guacimo, planning with Elder Black I had the idea to send a chapter to an investigator, M, to study with his girlfriend and their family. 3 Nephi 11. I also sent a message to the mother of the girlfriend, Hma C, with the reference and the invitation to read the chapter with M. and after ask him to bear his testimony....Our surprise was a call from Hma C saying that M wants to know when he can be Baptized! We are working diligently to get it all lined out and accomplished;)   

Well, we are thriving in this companionship, tired and striving to find a good way to be organized to accomplish more for the Savior, but doing well. It's good to see picts of yall and to hear yall're doin fine!
            Love Elder Farnsworth, The Younger.
Looks like about ready to enjoy a meal at the mission home

Waiting to be assigned to new companions
Paired up with new companions

No comments:

Post a Comment