Monday, May 18, 2015

I know...‏

Monday, 18 May 2015

I know is a powerful statement... I know because I´ve used it. There is no other way to explain my life, the Book of Mormon, or Christ. I know He lives, the Work is true, and to "negar" or deny it would ruin who I have become. I cannot separate my testimony from those of the prophets "This is the testimony last of all which we give... that He Lives!" I have seen His power and felt His love. May I find that you all are strong in the same testimony and seeking the truth.
 Elder Terrance Farnsworth
                               ------------------------------------------------------------

Talents and time (What the Lord Thinks of us)‏ 

Well I had an interesting and numerically devastating week. But of those numbers are some very important people. We had to go to San Jose to start some paperwork to receive my cedula once more. Turns out I wasn´t the only one with problems. Hermana C. (that was in Cañas when I arrived) was there as well. Her and her companion were in a situation and told to leave all they had (it was P-day so they lost food, scriptures, cameras, and cedulas). It was good to remember a little about Cañas. Meanwhile, in the office of the lawyer, good old G. de Cañas called me back. He is kind of like Uncle Bob, really loud, boy was it good to feel like a farmboy in front of a lawyer! I also spoke with Elder Giles. He told me that Hermana N., one of our beloved members with cancer, finally passed on as well as a recent convert Hma N., convert of Elder Rivera. Through one of our best "ward missionaries" here in Siquirres, I learned that Guanacaste now is a Stake! Assistance (attendance) in the church in Cañas is about 105! 
 
Well, we found a person here that was living in California, speaks good english, just got out of jail. I felt I should talk to him; before the mission I would´ve died first. He shows that he has lived a hard life but was very open and polite with us. I felt the power and love that comes through the Atonement sufficient that I left the man feeling to "sing the song of Redeeming Love". 
 
Sunday....... Well I have a new calling to be in charge of Retention here in Zona Limón. So I have to call everyone and see if their recent converts are coming to church or not. I´m excited, but as I put in the title, the Lord knows our potential, as we start to see and reach toward that worthy goal and potential, He gives us more. Now to see if I can please Him with my efforts. We went in search of our investigators yesterday, didn´t have any members to help give rides until late, but we ended up with a family, S. and his children, J, and A; A. showed up on his own. He was one of those few numbers with great potential. He wants to be baptized. We´re going to have a family baptism this week! A father and two of his children! W.´s wife was baptized as a youth and as of recent has found the church once more! What a wonderful family. We had a lesson with them last night, giving a Book of Mormon to our taxi driver (well he asked for it politely enough:) And when it was time to return W.´s car didn´t work. We pushed it several hundred feet and nothing. Eventually a friend of his took us home. What a day..........
Well I´ve said enough. It was great to hear your stories. I love yall lots. I have started to see what rain really is down here... Maybe need to buy water boots.

Keep up the good work and I´ll keep a trying here. I have realized that a plan is only enough to give a direction and timing to goals placed. How it actually turns out in the end depends on the change of priorities; we place priorities by always remembering Christ and doing what will lead us and others más cerca a Él (closer to the Savior). Love ya lots and hasta el proximo (until next time), Les quiero (I love you all)!  Elder Farnsworth the younger.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment