Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Looking back on where we've been and ahead at where we're going....‏

 Monday, 11 May 2015

The Love of Our Lord for Us‏

Every one of us is a seed of Faith that our Heavenly Father has planted. We All have Potential. Take in the light and truth at every moment and share it with others. Love Elder Terrance Farnsworth
                                                       ------------------------------------------
I can hardly believe that I've been out as long as I have. It was good to see Cory and receive a few tips from him even though it's like the advice we all hear often, "Study it out in your minds and in your hearts" and "ask the Father in my name if it be not true." I guess I have a price yet to pay to understand and use the concept of planning. I don´t have a whole lot to say. We had D. and his family in the church yesterday, I., W. and his family, M. (18 yr old boy my companion found when we were on divisions) and F. is still holding true! We had a meeting with the Elders quorum president which was an answer to prayers on Saturday. We actually felt ackowledged by the branch through him and we have more desires and guidance as to what we need to do and what the members can do. So, as of right now, we have four baptisms in waiting. Y., a friend of Hermana C., still has a baptismal date but we got a message from the Hermana that the next time we go to have a lesson with Y., the family of Catholics would be waiting with machetes for us.... We´ll see where that goes. I feel like Ammon and his brothers after receiving that threat. We are waiting the direction of the Lord before we go, but they did say the WHOLE family would be waiting, why not teach them all?

One more time I want to thank you all for your efforts to help in the missionary work and I pray that you may all find more opportunities to help form the bridge between the work of the missionaries and the conversion of our brothers through the efforts of the members. I have been sweetly surprised and reminded of the power of the members in helping the investigators, even if the most the members do is sit by them in church, smile, wave, talk, laugh. All it has to be is something simple as the "small and simple things bring great things to pass." I also learned more about Faith yesterday. It is the small and simple things that we do constanly and consistently to allow our "seed" to grow, not like the garden I was taking care of a while ago. I focused well in taking out the weeds one week, but lost focus on the nourishment of the plants. So, most times it seems we must do a little a lot, and a lot very little. Only when it comes time for the planting or the harvest must we focus every intent and desire on that one thing. Meanwhile, we must focus on being dilligent, meeting the individual needs of every plant. (I learned a lot from Jacob 5 this morning : )

I love yall lots, I hope you recognized it´s hard for me to speak in English, ha ha ha. Keep up the good work. I would sure like to hear more from Sadie, Emmett, and Jalysa, but if they´re that dedicated in the work, I´ll just be waiting for Christmas;)
Love Elder the Younger

No comments:

Post a Comment