Monday, July 13, 2015

Potential‏

 Monday, 6 July 2015
 
(note to friends)
 To every time there is a season, every person a better reason, to keep on searching for the potential that God gave to us, you and Me. Even though we are as a rock being shaped and changed and sometimes hurt a lot, at least in the end we will be viewed as more valuable and we won`t want to take back those moments that made us who He wanted us to be. I know I am not perfect, but He perfectly knows me, I want to become the Son of God that He knows I can be. May we all seek to find His will for us in our life and seek to follow His counsel, that we may be more happy.
                           Love Elder Terrance Farnsworth
                                 ______________________________________

Times of Tribulation‏

        Well we haven`t washed away yet, but a lot of zona Limon has been flooded and have been making rescue efforts on a daily basis from what I`ve heard. I`m finally doing better in health especially after my fast yesterday, even though I decided not to fast quite as long as normal. We`ve found some good people that want to hear the gospel, a lot of which are family to a recent convert of our zone leaders. A. is still strong in his testimony, his dad and brother went to work again yesterday, they finally repaired their car and had clear weather. Noooo! D. went to the beach; we previously made plans so that we could have his baptism today, but with the rain today they got trapped outside of Siquirres for flooding and we don`t know if he will arrive in time. We`ve had many people turn down our message, old investigators, inactives, etc. I have really been struggling spiritually. I know I need to forget myself and go to work; I don`t know if not being able to have strength to work, then seeing so many investigators stop in their progress, failing to reach goals, etc has taken it`s toll? I feel many times that my body just needs a rest, which I KNOW IS ONLY possible to do relying on the Lord, working all that much harder, doing all I can to accomplish goals, and loving and serving with all my heart. So in my time of spiritual weakness I want to ask you all to be patient with me, pray for me and I want to share my testimony because I was not with you all yesterday.

       I know when we are baptized our wrongs are washed away, I know I am a child of God and I have the hope to live with Him someday, I believe in Christ! I know They hear and answer our prayers. I know the scriptures carry a power of healing as well as the sacrament. I do not yet understand All things of His gospel, but I know the gospel plan is true and it is what He has given to prophets in all ages. We are privileged to have Living word from Him as well as the Book of Mormon, the balm for the soul and weakened heart. I know it is a true Book and I can not deny it. I am not a perfect teacher, but the Spirit is. I know that Families are Eternal, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints is the only Church with the permission, power, and authority to form Eternal families. Why it is that People don`t desire to hear this message I don`t know. I could listen to our prophets every day if it were possible and I joy to read their words every day that I can. I know I have a part in Heavenly Father`s plan. My hope is to fulfill my purpose every day more. I love you all so very much. I pray that I may overcome the battle within me and cast out the natural man which is and ever will be an enemy to God and His Son. I hope I may further come to understand the Atonement and apply it more fully in my life. I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

       P.S. I had a traditional meal of fish on the fourth of July, bought a snickers and M&M`s, and saw "fire works" from the welder of J., A.'s dad, and We sang a patriotic hymn for studies. For those 100 dollars a while back I managed to pay to receive my cedula. I also learned from O. (my favorite member here waiting for a mission call) that one of the first missionaries here in Costa Rica was a Jack Farnsworth.

        I also learned a relation between pretty pointed rocks and missionary work; even though there are days we may look like loco`s searching in a whole bunch of possibilities the more we search the more we find and sometimes we are deceived by those who really aren`t ready or willing to accept changes to become closer to God, and no matter how much we may have hoped that everything was real we have to make other sacrifices to be able to see better results. I love yall, keep up the good work back home. Thanks for keeping my desires pointed the right way. Elder Farnsworth The Elder may you help move the work along back home. Until next time, I desire to bring news of good tidings.
     Elder The Younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment